Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EngiNerd27
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
X-T1 Dials: Perfectly Flawed
7 months ago

Yes my metering dial sticks and can be tricky to hit center weighted and yes, the ISO dial would be less work if it only locked on A. Yet I've noticed as I continue to use the hell out of my X-T1 that the persistence of these controls is a big part of what makes taking pictures with the X-T1 feel so much more intuitive and less abstract than it did with my Nex-7. If a situation arises where shutter speed matters, I was so used to "OK what mode am I in? Ok which shortcut key? Ok which dial? Ok, which speed? Ok Perfect! What am I doing again?". Three quarters of that process had nothing to do with my desired end result and no matter my muscle memory, it always made for a distinct lack of flow (even if I didn't know it). With the X-T1, I may fumble now and again with the physical element of changing settings, but mentally, I'm no longer playing "how do I get there from here" hopscotch and for me, this has been huge. Just my two cents!

Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow