Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,413Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to miles500, 2 months ago

miles500 wrote:

I own quite a number of Pentax lenses and have never had a problem until I recently bought the DA 20-40 Ltd which I have found to be pretty fuzzy even at some distance form the edges compared with the DA 21 and 35 Ltds and not just wide open. The centre sharpness is fine but the rest is bad even at f8 - so I am hoping that I simply got a bad copy.

That's not good!

CRK sent me a new lens today, untested (they said).  Thery tested mine and found unsharpness in various areas.

I took the new one down to the railway station but it was overcast when I got there and I didn't have the time to wait around.

Nonetheless you would think that resolution and focus shouldn't be affected.  Even at f2.8 it was really fuzzy and the outside edges actually looked better than the centre!

I'll try tomorrow when the sun is out.

In the meantime I rang CRK and asked them to hold onto the lens I sent back - I would rather have a lens that is sharp across 2/3 of the frame than one that is fuzzy everywhere!

Samples/examples to come. 

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow