Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
Several black and white shots... from North Carolina and Washington DC
7 months ago

My title about says it all; a range of subjects and approaches all taken on a recent trip back east (I live in Portland, Oregon... to east coast USA). All taken with my GH2 and the 14-45mm kit lens. A lens that I found to work surprisingly well for me especially considering just how inexpensive it is...

Waiting for the ferry to Ocracoke, NC... I had just seen a Garry Winogrand show in DC and this is a bit of a tribute to him.

This one was taken on the ferry ride to Ocracoke Island, North Carolina

As night fall is Rodanthe, North Carolina. This was made by stitching two rows of 3 horizontal shots.

National Gallery, Washington DC

Hirshorn Building, Washington DC

OK, this one's not actually in B&W, but I have to wonder if I couldn't recreate it in monochrome with some kind of split toning effect; something where the toning just effects certain densities...

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow