Placed order for PC Buff's E640 and CyberCommander, what else do i need for Home Studio?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
historianx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,119Gear list
Like?
Re: Placed order for PC Buff's E640 and CyberCommander, what else do i need for Home Studio?
In reply to holyindian, 6 months ago

holyindian wrote:

historianx wrote:

22" Beauty Dish, white, with diffusion sock and grids.

Maybe a second light like an AB for fill, overhead, backlight etc. (Idea: get a ABR800 ring that could double as a second light)

Plenty of sturdy stands, I highly recc. Avengers. And dont forget sandbags esp if you boom the light(s)

Have fun!

Historianx, thanks so so much for your reply, at least u got me going with something to research on, and give me a ball park idea on what i should be talking about.

I was looking at beauty dishes on amazon and b&h, what is the big deal with these things, why are they so expensive? they are just a dish shaped aluminum dome, why are they costing 200+ dollars. I do see some by fotodix or cowboy studios, does it matter if we go cheap on these?

Also, as you mentioned a second light like ab for fill, i do have a second e640 strobe.. that works right? or do i actually need the abr800?

I have the ABSL Ravelli Backdrop kit, hence i plan on the Ravelli ASL light Stands, they will go with the setup. They also have a large footprint and is heavy duty.

Get a Buff beauty dish they sure arent $200+.  And my phiosophy more lights the better!

historianx's gear list:historianx's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow