Maybe the DP2M is the Right Camera for Me...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OttoUnion
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Maybe the DP2M is the Right Camera for Me...
7 months ago

I'm starting to believe the DP2M might be the right choice fore right now.

I have been doing my homework and frankly am overwhelmed with all the compelling choices for non-SLR cameras in the $2K US and under price range. Just about the time I think I've made my choice, some aspect of my selection begins to seem like an intolerable compromise.

To overcome this hurdle, I now ask myself what is the most important consideration and to me that is image quality. I take what I'll call documentary style photos. I don't want special effects, panoramas, don't need video, and dint need a gazillion special modes.

I learned photography using Kodak Retina IIIC and a Leica CL. Both were wonderful tools capable of outstanding images. Both were small form factor with "normal" lenses. I'd shoot Kodachrome 25 and 64, Pan-X, and pushed hugh speed Ektachrome when shooting concerts. I like a deliberate shooting process

I have a Leica M5 and lenses but just can't justify the expense of their full frame offerings. The new T looks interesting but still is a little pricey and not full frame.

It just seems to me that the DP2M ticks my important boxes and current price makes it look like a true value.

What am I missing?

Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow