Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
barjohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,092Gear list
Like?
First Impressions on new Leica T
3 months ago

I just received my new Leica T today and my initial impressions are favorable.  On an IQ basis, it appears to me to be slightly better than the X Vario.  The zoom lens is a little sharper with a little more pop.  Whether it is worth the difference in price is a different question...

One thing I have noticed with firmware 1.1, is that there is quite a difference between the JPG and DNG file in exposure, vividness, etc.  The JPGs require about +0.40 increase in exposure and then you must look out for blown highlights.  An image that will show the highlights blown in JPG (usually recoverable) will not show the same image as having blown highlights on the DNG.  The DNG needs just a little increase in saturation and vibrance.  Color accuracy is very very good.  I will hold off on comments on user interface and performance until I have more time with the camera but it does feel good and I like the strap system.

I would like to hear what others think that have received their camera.  By the way, the touch screen seems more responsive on the one I have compared to the demo one I tired a few weeks ago.

-- hide signature --

John
Visit my web gallery at:
www.barjohn.com/My Photographs/index.html
Comments and critiques welcome.

barjohn's gear list:barjohn's gear list
Olympus XZ-1
Leica X Vario
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow