ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RamblinR
Regular MemberPosts: 195Gear list
Like?
Clean video output (Vimeo or file)
7 months ago

Need help with the following.

Removing the black blocky patches from movies uploaded to directly to Vimeo or exported with Quicktime as a computer file.  Both are showing the same problem.  Blacks are most obvious but it is also in some darker colours.

I am using an EM5 to shoot and currently using iMovie to edit

The linked clips shows my problem. It plays fine in iMovie full screen on my computer but the blacks get ruined when exported out through Quicktime as a file or when uploading to Vimeo directly from iMovie also. They become all blocky and lose detail.  Go to 1.00 on the video and the back of the girls head is extremely obvious but it is through the whole video as well.

Example video

Quicktime Export settings are: Compression: H.264, Quality: High, Key frame rate: 30, Bietrate 5000 kbits/sec

Is there something I am doing wrong on the export?

Is this a problem with the codec of the EM5?
Would I see the same thing with a Panasonic GH3 (known for amazing video)?

Is it iMovie and would FCPX make a difference when creating a finished file for delivery to client?

Appreciate any help with this.

RamblinR's gear list:RamblinR's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow