Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jimbeaux
Regular MemberPosts: 372
Like?
Re: Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 5 months ago

NewGirlLiz wrote:

Anyone know anything about this? I've been starting to think about buying the Olympus 12 mm lens and was looking for a black one - but they're out of stock almost everywhere I look (in the UK). Have they ditched the 'special edition' run and that's it, no more black ones, or are they planning to bring the black one out again, perhaps at a price that's closer to the silver one? I'm trying to decide whether to snap up a second hand one, grit my teeth and go for silver, or wait!

Thanks

Liz

-- hide signature --

“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” Barbara Sher

Hello Liz, sorry to see this thread got so sadly hijacked with with so many egos, emotions, lack of knowledge and pure jealousy... You had a very simple question that required nothing more than a simple answer.
Anyhow, based on the timing and frequency of availability of these lens' my hunch is by limited, the production of them is based on a percentage of overall 12mm lens's produced. But again, that is only my hunch. My suggestion would be to cut to the chase and reach out to Olympus with your question. I'm confident they can answer it without out the drama and emotions that have taken place here.

If you do check with Olympus and get an answer, it would be great if you could check back in to this thread with the response and put this one to  bed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow