The Sunday BIRD Volume 9 Issue 48, May 25, 2014

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Denjw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,455Gear list
Like?
Jiankliu
In reply to jiankliu, 5 months ago

Thanks for the comments. All these images are handheld and I seldom use a tripod/cable release with this combo.

Your images seem to have good light and you had more than enough shutter speed so that is not an issue. So maybe there is some degree of camera shake but that is just a supposition.

I am not sure how much you have cropped them but as the E-30 is a fairly noisey camera it needs careful attention. If you have good light/sufficient shutter speed dial back ISO to 400.

If you are shooting Jpegs you need to look at your noise reduction/filter settings. I find that the default settings too smeary particularly for birds. I would set them to low or off. I shoot RAW and prefer to do selective noise / sharpening and other editing myself rather then relying on in camera settings.

Use Spot metering and single AF point and try f/8.

Check out how to set up your E-30 by reading Andrezj Wrotniak settings here:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e30-sett.html

But the best tip I can give is get close to the bird as you can without disturbing it for best results. The E-30 and 50-200mm combo works best when the subject is less than 30 feet away.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Cheers

Dennis

-- hide signature --
 Denjw's gear list:Denjw's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow