ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,395
Like?
Samyang 7.5 - Defished with Hugins
3 months ago

I posted a set from this lens a couple of weeks ago which was my first attempt to defish with Hugins. I've been playing with the software over the last couple of weeks and feel more comfortable with it now so thought I'd put up another set for those who are interested in defishing. I've also downloaded the LR profiles that kenw posted here as I was interested in seeing how they performed in comparison.

Hugins is not easy to learn and I'm far from perfect, but it does have the great advantage of preserving most of the original view. I've posted a couple of the originals here to demonstrate. All the interior shots are blended exposures using LR Enfuse before defishing.

These are photos of St Pancras Station in London and the newly restored hotel that is attached to it. It's Victorian excess at its best (or worst).

St Pancras facade 7.5 defished - still a bit of barrel distortion I couldn't quite get rid of

I like to take a shot with the Pana 7-14mm which forms a reference for some of the shapes to be defished. It also makes for an interesting comparison of the FoV between the two lenses.

Panasonic 7-14

Here's a before and after pair.

Samyang 7.5 - before

after defishing

Samyang 7.5 defished

Another before and after pair

Samyang 7.5 - before

Samyang 7.5 - defished

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow