12-50 on EM1 ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,543Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks Anders
In reply to Franz Weber, 4 months ago

Franz Weber wrote:

I have tried the 45/1.8 and it did give me exactly what I was looking for.

Glad to hear that! I think it's pretty much a must-have. Very good quality at a very good price and diminutive bulk/weight. And it does give you a bit of extra speed on top of the longer reach in comparison with what your 12-35/2.8 can deliver.

Toa bad that I have to swap lenses now when traveling.

Yes, I know what you mean. I also prefer to have my standard zoom reach a bit longer than 70 mm EFL (35 on MFT). The Sigma 17-70/2.8-4.5 I used with my Pentax APS-C DSLR was great from that point of view (although not from all others). And the Panasonic 14-45/3.5-5.6 that I have so far used with MFT has been all right with respect to long-end reach as well. We'll see how it works out with the Oly 12-40/2.8 I bought recently. Less reach than I'd want but at least a few mm more than the 12-35. Still, I'd have liked it even better if it had been 12-50 or so, even at the loss of that constant f/2.8 aperture.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow