Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AnthonyL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,618Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for example MRW files to add support to open-source software
In reply to PedroCR, 2 months ago

PedroCR wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was the happy owner of a 5D as my first digital camera and have been recently improving the support for those files in Darktable, an open source photo workflow application that handles raw. To do that I've added support for MRW to the rawspeed library:

https://github.com/pedrocr/darktable/compare/rawspeed-mrw-support

That code is complete and so the next version of Darktable should have full support for the 5D, 7D, A1, A2, 7, 7i and 7hi. Those were the models I had a test file for. Ideally I'd like to add support for all MRW producing cameras. To be able to do that I'd need at least one example file per camera. From a little research I know there are at least 3 cameras missing:

- DiMAGE 5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pkkhxfnxd51tch/PICT0002.MRW

- DiMAGE 7u (or is it UG?)

- DiMAGE A200

From the wikipedia list of cameras with RAW there appears to be undocumented RAW support in these cameras as well:

- DiMAGE G400

- DiMAGE G500

- DiMAGE G530

- DiMAGE G600

Apparently in these cameras there's a way to turn on MRW format, even though the files get named .JPG anyway. Apparently for the Z2 there's also a hack to enable raw but oddly enough in Nikon NEF format, so that one is out of scope.

I presume you mean in the second list as RAW is a specific quality setting on the Dimage 5.

If anyone has MRW files (or MRW format JPG named files) from any of these cameras I would appreciate it if you could send them to pedro@pedrocr.net. If you could also explicitly license the files as some form of Creative Commons license it would be great as I could then include the files in software test suites to make sure the cameras stay supported over time.

I grant full use of PICT002.MRW file for use in developing open source or free software for the benefit of photographers.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow