Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cortgen2
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
AWB issue on the a6000 and strange behavior
6 months ago

I bought this camera with great excitement, upgrading from a Nex-5n. I took some shots, mainly indoor, just to test the camera, and I've been quite disappointed with the AWB. When there's predominance of one color in the frame, let's say blu or yellow, the AWB just freaks out...what I see in the VF and in the screen is usually correct but by the time the camera takes the shot it suddenly changes the colors towards either blu or green, and the effect is quite strong. After that, the AWB gets stucked in that strange setting until I shut down the camera. Outside it worked pretty well, but the behavior indoor is disappointing. I took the same photos with the nex-5n and it worked pretty well, as usual. Is this something related to the new sensor or I've just got a creepy model? does anybody else get the same issue? I contacted sony for this nd I'm waiting for their reply. I'll upload some photos for you alter today.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow