mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?
In reply to sderdiarian, 5 months ago

So what are you saying?

Are you saying that cameras should include a SIM for 'instant communications'?

No thanks, I do not want my camera becoming a phone.

Or are you saying that cameras should eliminate all buttons and dials and go touch only?

No thank you, in spades.  I do not want touch anything on my camera, but I do want a plethora of buttons and dials that give me direct acces to camera functions.  I also want as many of those buttons as possible to be customizable so I can customize the camera to the way I like to use it.

I think you may be confusing casual photography (snapshots, if you will), with the needs of photographers (people who have a strong interest in capturing the best image possible).

I have a smartphone, and micro four thirds mirrorless and FF DSLRs.  Each have their place when it comes to taking photos.  But when I am out to take the best images I can, the smartphone is not on the list of choices of which camera to use.

The images from my smartphone are actually pretty decent, but no way would I use the smartphone as my first, or only, choice.

But to each their own.  If the smartphone is what works for you, then that is what you should use.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow