mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,104Gear list
Like?
Re: mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?
In reply to javyNJ, 7 months ago

I found Sony's QX concept intriguing but ultimately more of a kludge in use than any of the alternatives, including a smaller point and shoot, phone, or even my M43... However, an improved QX line with more compact models that offer higher quality prime lenses would be tempting.

The small sensor model is larger in my pocket than a small sensor compact, and the one with the 1" sensor is larger still (RX100 isn't that much more expensive and easier to pocket). Give me a bright 35mm or 50mm pancake that I can actually pocket on top of that 1" sensor tho and now we're talking.

Sony would probably price such a thing out of this world or fumble it some other way tho... I don't even know if they're committed to future QX models, have they sold even remotely well?

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow