mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
javyNJ
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?
In reply to sderdiarian, 7 months ago

As someone who is a sucker for tech, I generally disagree. If camera designers would focus on perfecting the local communication ability of their cameras, I think that would be more useful than cramming the smartphone features you already have in your pocket into the camera. It's also cheaper to leverage the large HD screen that most smartphone users already have then including it in the camera and jacking the price and size of the camera up.

I'm really very interested in the Sony QX100 as I think this is the type of product that will be the future of casual photography and more along the lines of what you're looking for. Leveraging the existing technology we all have (network connectivity, easy sharing, big screens) instead of compromising the experience with a full camera makes more sense both for the consumer and manufacturer. Let the camera companies focus on making a good camera and the smartphone makers can do what they do best, make a mediocre product that we all deal with.

javyNJ's gear list:javyNJ's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow