ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,020Gear list
Like?
Need some info from those experienced in e-mount Nex/A6000
4 months ago

Hello,

I am in the consideration of an A6000 as my next platform to own for several reasons. A Nikon 1 V3 is also under very heavy consideration and so far a wining pick. Without going to a comparison there, I want to find more information about the Nex/Alpha 6000 as a system and need some help from those with experience with it.

(i) - Which RAW converter you find overall the best of your system? I know Light Room can be sometimes hit/ miss (for example: not optimal for Fuji Xtrans).

(ii) - Looks like there is no lens in the range of 120-200mm equivalent on the E- mount, by that I mean a prime. I see there's the SEL 55-210- from what I read that lens is OK. Not bad, not great.

I think the image quality for what I want is fine, but my concern is size. I wish it was smaller (saw it in person). Are there any alternatives here? I wish Sony did a somewhat small F4.0 140mm/150mm prime or a zoom with a more limited range- say 55-140mm to make it a bit smaller and higher IQ if possible.

What I am basically looking for is as much as possible, the equivalent of the Nikon 1 30-110 (81-297mm equiv) in terms of size. I am ok with the range being up to 180ish-200ish and not near 300mm.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

For the raw converter I see Iridient seems to do a reasonable job. I ran out of the LR 5.4 trial so I can't tell anymore. Dxo seems like another potential candidate.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Nikon 1 V3 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow