E-P5 firmware 1.5 update - what am I doing wrong?

Started May 25, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,285Gear list
Like?
E-P5 firmware 1.5 update - what am I doing wrong?
May 25, 2014

Now I remember why I dislike the Olympus method of updating cameras and lenses so much. I recently purchased an E-P5 with the original firmware version 1.0 in place. I want to apply v1.5. I downloaded and installed the Olympus Updater and began the update. No matter what I do, I get this message:

Error 0x80041037

The software recognizes the camera just fine. I have tried connecting the camera to the computer both before and after I start the Updater. I rebooted the computer after the Updater installation. I have a perfectly good, and very fast Internet connection in my home and it is operating just fine on this computer.

Windows 7, 64 bit.

I searched this forum for the error number, but found nothing. I find nothing in a Bing/Google search on the Internet.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-P5 +7 more
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow