mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
n3eg
Contributing MemberPosts: 624Gear list
Like?
Re: mFT/camera industry: time to better adapt to smart phones?
In reply to sderdiarian, 5 months ago

I view things the opposite way:  Phone manufacturers have tried for too long to cram too much into phones.  The result is that phones have become "sporks" - i.e. trying to do too many things and doing none of them well.  Every thing on a smart phone is a compromise, where something bigger can always do any given dedicated task better.  Even the touch keypad suffers in performance compared to a dedicated keypad when dialing.  Using the Shazam app for music ID is an example of their erratic performance - in the last version of Android, it would switch pages unless you were VERY careful selecting the app button, then once in the app it was nearly impossible to hit the back button to get to where you "tag" music.  By that time, the song on the radio was over.

Until smart phones can do better, they're just the equivalent of a point and shoot with basic photo editing built in.  Kodaks could do that years ago.  Nothing more to see here, move along.

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow