This years Speed Street in uptown Charlotte, N.C.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,196Gear list
Like?
This years Speed Street in uptown Charlotte, N.C.
5 months ago

I try to get uptown for this event each year.  While it is all about NASCAR and they hold it because of the race held this meeting, most of what you will find are food vendors.

I try to take photos from both sides of the food vendors stand.  Here they are giving out samples of pizza.

I really like the Olympus 45 mm lens.  It is a newer lens for me, and I have not used it all that much.  I found that it is fast and tack sharp.

This is a type of shot I don't take very often, but there it was and I took it.  Years ago, I did model portfolios which included lots of swim suit shots.  They were just pretty, and Speed Street often will use models at the different booths with the workers in cut offs to draw people to the booth.  It was early in the event and there were not a whole lot of people around.  These two were just killing time.  The heads were cut off on purpose.  It is really interesting to watch the different way people dress for this.  This was on a Thursday so there were as many men in suits and women in dresses as there were of people in sports wear.

Sometimes NASCAR Speed Street seems more about food than it does race cars.  People come out of the uptown buildings, find a bench and eat their lunch.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow