Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ferguson
Regular MemberPosts: 410
Like?
NPSL Soccer - Cape Coral Hurricanes vs Jacksonville United
4 months ago

This forum is too quiet, and I found a local NPSL soccer team playing last night.  They were playing at a local high school field, with pretty bad light, but the first half was decent at sunset, then the faster glass was needed.  Comments and criticism welcome.

All but #2 were with a D4, and #2 was with a D800, lenses and settings as noted.  THe Hurricanes are in white shirts, Jacksonville in blue.

#1 80-400G, ISO 360, 1/1000th, F4.8 105mm

#2: 80-400G @ 370mm, 1/800th, F5.6, ISO 2200 (D800):

#3: 1/1000th, 400/2.8 + 1.4TC (550mm), ISO 900 @ F4:

#4: This was a goal shot that went in, but was called back as a handball or penalty (Never found out) somewhere about where the keeper is now, and then scored on the penalty kick. 400/2.8 @ 550mm, ISO 2000, 1/1000th F4.  I was pleased with how clear that was from all the way past the other goal:

#5: By this time it's lit only with the lights, and I'm at F2.8 and ISO 6400 (plus a third of a stop added in post), 1/800th.

#6: Also late, this is even in more shadow, it's the same exposure as above but with 1.1 stops added in spot processing (making this about ISO 14000 +/-).  Not a great action shot but I love those high kicks and get way too few of them, plus the defender's expression is helpful.

I don't shoot soccer nearly as much as I would like, so suggestions and criticism appreciated.

Linwood

-- hide signature --

Comments welcomed on photos: http://www.captivephotons.com

Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow