Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Nachlas
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
Re: Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 4 months ago

This has turned into an interesting and somewhat philosophical thread, albeit one that has little bearing on the original question that Liz, the OP, asked.  My experience in following the black 12 mm f/2 Oly online has also indicated that Olympus has stopped production on this item, at least for now. Personally, I like the look of black lenses with my E-M1, and have always found it interesting that Olympus chose to offer the black 12 mm as a Special Edition item at an inflated premium price.

I suspect that we will see the black 12 mm lens again, probably as a limited Special Edition release in much the same way that fast food chains will "bring back" certain special dishes for a "limited time only".

I myself  own the 12-40 mm f/2.8 Olympus along with some other primes and zooms. I love the 12-40 for a lot of what I shoot, but I also love the 17 mm and 45 mm for several tasks. But I digress.  That's another question for another day.  Thanks for your original post, Liz.  There really is a veritable cornucopia of great information and help available on the DPR forums, even if we do head down rabbit trails sometimes!

Steve

-- hide signature --

There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Steve Nachlas's gear list:Steve Nachlas's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow