GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,558Gear list
Like?
Re: More from the garden...and a dog.
In reply to jalywol, 7 months ago

jalywol wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Very beautiful!

What is the third one? It is very similar to our wildflower, Early Saxifrage, which is blooming now.

It's Alyssum...found the little ID stick in the pots . I don't think they are related, although the inner structure of the flowers is very similar.

The more important question is this:

What influences you to use the 45mm (PL macro, I assume) instead of your long lens with your extension tubes?

Well, the 45mm is the first AF true macro (and it gets to 1:1) that I have ever had, and I absolutely love its IQ. It has virtually no CA, and wonderful color, and I am enjoying getting to know it.

Also, the 100-300mm will be going out shortly for repair, and using it now just gives me too much of that weird effect in the oof areas, so I can't do too much with it until it gets back.

Speaking of your long lens... any news about its repair?

Yes, they gave me the name of someone to send it to the attention of at the service place, so I should be getting it out to them sometime this week. I expect it will be a bit before I get it back though, as they will have to confirm what is going on with it before they send a refurb to replace it. I miss using it.....

Will post more when I know.

-J

Thank you!

I would be lost without my 100-300, now on my new GH4 .... which I love!!!!

I have the 14-140 on the GX7 and the 7-14 on the GH2 ... all in a case beside me in my truck. When the black flies (which are FIERCE now) die down I am going to retry the PL 45 Macro on flower parts and slow moving bugs again. It is a great lens.

Good luck on getting your 100-300mm (or a replacement) operational SOON.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow