Tropical Sunsets with Bridges - Which is more appealing?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,136Gear list
Like?
Re: Tropical Sunsets with Bridges - Which is more appealing?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 2 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Jim Salvas wrote:

I always like some interest in the foreground for a sunset or sunrise, so I think the first one is better.

My thinking at the time I shot this was that the beach and seaweed was my foreground interest. Why am I wrong about that?

Until you posted the above I hadn't consciously noticed the seaweed because the sun is so dominating that it is difficult to draw your eyes away from it and the seaweed is quite dark.

If the sun had been just below the horizon the seaweed might have been more obvious especially if you brightened the foreground slightly in PP.

Like the others my personal view is that the first should is potentially better but taken from a slightly different viewpoint so that the sun and tree aren't so close together.

Nice shots but lots of different possible compositions.  Are you in a position to go back and experiment?

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow