Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
Have DPR reviews gone downhill ?
2 months ago

Just wondering input from you, I am looking at moving up from my K-30 to a K-5II or a K-3. In the past, I would always look to the reviews in DPR to look at an  unbiased feedback and to me was very complete AND accurate. Now when I read the review, I find that, in addition to the fact that it is months late to release, there are inaccuracies that make it to the point of being a waste of time to read because of their inaccuracies. Also, their grading % scale at times makes me wonder where the number reflects or are they just putting in a number out of the air. I have been reading DPR since 2003 and most likely will continue to read it daily, but it is not what it use to be before. I miss the days when Phil would be the one to review and he seemed less biased to the brand and more towards the technology. When I read from comments on the review, I see that one of the reviewers said that he is not a Pentax expert. Well, maybe he should have put a disclaimer in large letters to say this up front so that we know to take the review with a grain of salt. I am sure that there are Nikon and Canon experts in their staff and the problem in that is that they see these two brands for years and years, and then try to speak with authority over a Pentax for a user who used it for what, a week or two to review ?

Oh well, my rant is done. Question for all of you, Which would you all say as the review that seems to be the most accurate and reliable out there ?

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow