Do you leave your tripod plate/L-bracket on all the time?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eriknphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Do you leave your tripod plate/L-bracket on all the time?
7 months ago

Hi!

I noticed that RRS has now made a tripod plate and L-bracket available for the A6000, and I can't decide on which one to get, if any of them. If I get the tripod plate, I can leave it on all the time. The same goes for an L-bracket, although it would make the camera a little too big. Otherwise I can just use the generic tripod plate included with my ballhead, but then I have to take it off when I'm not using a tripod, since it doesn't allow the LCD to be tilted down.

So to help this decision, I want to know how you do with your ILCE/NEX camera, and why? If you leave it on, is it in the way at any time, or do you hardly notice it?

Bonus question for those of you who use an L-bracket:

Why use an L-bracket? Sure it makes using the camera in portrait mode easier on a tripod, but most ballheads has a portrait mode as well. What are the advantages? I know that a lot of people love L-brackets, and I would like to know why.

POLL
Camera specific tripod plate: I leave it on all the time
25.0% 9  votes
L-bracket: I leave it on all the time
36.1% 13  votes
Generic tripod plate: I leave it on all the time
22.2% 8  votes
Camera specific tripod plate: I take it off when not using a tripod
2.8% 1  vote
L-bracket: I take it off when not using a tripod
5.6% 2  votes
Generic tripod plate: I take it off when not using a tripod
8.3% 3  votes
  Show results
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow