Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nigel Wilkins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006
Like?
Just moved from Canon to Fuji
5 months ago

I just sold all of my Canon gear & moved over to the Fuji system with an X-T1, 14mm, 35mm & 56mm lenses.

I've used Canon gear for the last 11 years starting with a D60 & later the 5D I & II & 6D among others & many expensive L series lenses including the 85mm f/1.2L II, 24mm TS-E II. Last year I bought the EOS M with 11-22mm lens in an effort to reduce size & weight.

I started looking again because the M system, although producing outstanding quality images for such a small & relatively cheap system, was difficult to operate in the field, especially with gloves on, due to having such small & fiddly controls which were over-sensitive (the control wheel on the back doubles as directional buttons which are easily pressed by accident).

After a couple of weeks the the X-T1 I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by the quality of the files it produces. All three primes are as good as or better than any of my equivalent Canon glass on full frame. I'm not 100 percent happy with the colours yet, but that's just a workflow/personal taste thing I hoping I'll get over in time.

When using Lightroom to process RAW files the detail is less defined the my M files, although the colours were spot on, so I've started using Iridient Developer which is unbelievably better on the detail front, but now I'm struggling to get the colours I want. Blues which are too cyan & yellows/oranges lacking saturation.

Has anyone else had similar issues & found an easy way round it? I was hoping to cure it by exporting 16 bit tiff files from Iridient into Lightroom & adjusting the colours there, but it doesn't work so well.

-- hide signature --

nigelwilkinsphotography.com
Everything to do with the art of photography is a guideline. The only rules are generally enforced by the police.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow