Sunset @ Penang (My first experience with 12-40)

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
R V C
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: Sunset @ Penang (My first experience with 12-40)
In reply to Olydude, 4 months ago

Olydude wrote:

The last one provides a visual element in the midground as well in the background. Rather than having your eyes drift out into the expanses of the horizon you have something that focuses your attention in the shot. I love expansive landscapes as much as the next person and I shoot a lot of them, but your viewer can get disoriented particularly with a 24mm wide shot.

You've also framed it at 18mm (36mm) which allows the eye to adjust to the shot more naturally using your central and peripheral vision. As you progress past 35mm you should notice that yours eye strain to encompass everything that is in the shot, sometimes this can be used for dramatic effect at other times its a hindrance to the shot as your viewer starts to become disoriented.

Hey Oly, thanks for your insight. I have noticed that the ones i like the most are at around 17 or 18mm.
--
"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well."
-- Zig Ziglar

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow