Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BushmanOrig
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
My take at Image Quality.......
4 months ago

Little older and probably wiser I find I look at things a little different......for one without my classes nothing looks that great!!

I have been working through my digital image collection recently starting from 2003 onwards. All build in Lightroom 5, I had the chance to basically look at "all" the images in my collection. As you page through, some just jump of the page and others are taking up space.....:-)

Each time I look to the right to see what camera I see in action, a few stood out again and again..... They were the E450 and the E-PL2. I am still working on the last 3 years and of the more recent ones the, the E-P2/3 stand out.

I tried most of the M43 Panasonic cams and although the images are sharp they never really jump at me....

I therefore come to my own take on what we as artist have available today and it simply states.....we have plenty awesome toys to select from. For example my son gave me a 7D body at one stage. I tried my best to like it but eventually used the sale to fund my new E-M1. Looking back at those 7D images in my collection I can only say......was it really worth it? Yes their are things that are better but if it is art I like to enjoy then the 7D is a extremely capable tool to do so....

I will re-think my complete take at what I have or want and the plan is to just go out and have fun with what ever amazing toy it is I have in my hand at the time........even at 5MP the E1 has the potential to be an extreme creative tool in the hands of the artist.......

Before you flame me......I realize some of you guys have little choice, especially when you have to deal with customer perceptions.....maybe you can keep a E-PL2 in your back pocket for when you want a quick amazing looking JPG file.......

Best

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

I love equipment..........and photography....

BushmanOrig's gear list:BushmanOrig's gear list
Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Olympus E-M1 +14 more
Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-450 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow