Post Safari work flow question - Advice needed.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PTSC
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Post Safari work flow question - Advice needed.
4 months ago

Hi All,

I have just returned back from a short safari trip in which I was lucky enough to see lots of wildlife, including the "big 5". Not surprisingly I have hundreds of photos many of which are of the same subject. Im now about to start the rather daunting task of post processing the images and I'm having a problem deciding what to do with the vast majority of the photos taken. Keep? Process? Delete? Archive?

For example, i took around 25-30 shots of a hyena eating an impala, obviously I don't need all of them, however I'm having problems selecting the best of the bunch. And How many photos does one really need of a hyena? Do I try to get down to the single best image or do I keep a selection of the top 5-10?

In each of the case of the big 5 animals I have many more photos than I could possibly require but I'm at a loss as to how to select the best and what to do with the ones that I don't feel make the cut, do I archive or delete knowing that I'll probably not use them.

I would be very interested to know other peoples work flow when it comes to safari's or any other photo shoot that has multiple similar images.

Many thanks in advance,

P.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow