Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adsada
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
HX50 fault - lens moved
7 months ago

Hi, I've been using the HX50 for almost a year now its such a great all round camera. However the other day I took it out on a walk and tried to take a photo, but weirdly the lens had moved so that on the right hand side the camera picked up the edge of the sensor, see the below shot:

I was trying to think how this happened, and the only could think of is when coming out of the car I dropped it and it fell onto grass (however I never thought anything of it because it was in a hard case with cushioned insides) plus I have dropped it before and there has been no problems, so I can believe this is the case.

Stranger still I tried tapping it gently while the lens was retracted and now the problem seems to have fixed itself.

So this leaves me with a conundrum, I have just over a month of warranty left, and I am worried the problem may occur again but I don't think I can send it in and sate that it has potential to become faultly

any advice would be great

thanks

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow