Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DonTom
Contributing MemberPosts: 528Gear list
Like?
Re: 12-50 on EM1 ?
In reply to Franz Weber, 4 months ago

Franz Weber wrote:

Hi,

curently I am using my 12-35 2.8 on my EM1 as the main lens.

But sometimes I find 35mm too short in certain situations. So I wonder wich lens could be a good walkabout solution for the Em1 for outdoor shooting when trvaveling.

The Panasonic 14-140 II has decent image quality but I would miss the 12 on the wide end.

Two years ago I used the 12-50 on my Em5, but ended up selling it because of CA issues and slow apperture.

I wonder if the new Image processing of the Em1 compensates the downsides of the 12-50mm so that it would be an appropiate solution.

Who actually uses the 12-50mm on the EM1 and what do you think about it?

Franz

-- hide signature --

allways look on the bright side of live!

Personally, I am happy with the 12-50 on my E-M1, but I'm not really a pixel-peeper: I find that it produces good prints up to A2 size or so.

Having some macro ability is good, as is the weather sealing.

But you've already tried it, and didn't like it. So don't go there again, I would agree with an above poster and suggest carrying an additional, longer lens. The 45/1.8 is brilliant, and tiny. Or the 60/2.8 macro would also be a good choice.

DonTom's gear list:DonTom's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow