Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,980Gear list
Like?
Re: 12-50 on EM1 ?
In reply to Franz Weber, 4 months ago

Franz Weber wrote:

Hi,

curently I am using my 12-35 2.8 on my EM1 as the main lens.

But sometimes I find 35mm too short in certain situations. So I wonder wich lens could be a good walkabout solution for the Em1 for outdoor shooting when trvaveling.

If you already have the 12-35, a better idea than the 12-50 would be a 45/1.8 in your pocket as a supplement to the 12-35 for when you need a tad longer (and perhaps a tad faster too). Other options include the Sigma 60/2.8 or, if you have large pockets, the 40-150/4-5.6.

The Panasonic 14-140 II has decent image quality but I would miss the 12 on the wide end.

Two years ago I used the 12-50 on my Em5, but ended up selling it because of CA issues and slow apperture.

I wonder if the new Image processing of the Em1 compensates the downsides of the 12-50mm so that it would be an appropiate solution.

Who actually uses the 12-50mm on the EM1 and what do you think about it?

Franz

-- hide signature --

allways look on the bright side of live!

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow