Maui - First Photo Post

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
Alohaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 522Gear list
Like?
Re: C&C: Maui - First Photo Post
In reply to Jim Salvas, 4 months ago

Jim Salvas wrote:

These are nice, but it's hard to judge from mostly sunset photos, which are just too darned easy. So is the flower. The diver is cool, though.

I'm a bit surprised, given your liking for scenics, that you didn't shoot any wider than about 54mm.

Keep taking photos!

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretsky

Shooting sunsets are easy because you can shoot everyday if you want. But getting a really good shot is really hard. So many variables need to be in line before you can get a good shot. I have about 400 shots of sunsets from Magic Island in Hawaii and only 2 of them are OK in my estimation. The biggest "problem" is cloud formation. Too much or too little clouds and you get "snap shot" photos.

The best is a sky full of individual cumulus clouds spread over most of the sky. Then at one point during sunset, the clouds light up from the horizon to over your head. I missed such a sight by one day several years ago. The day after shooting a Magic Island, the evening local news showed the amazing sunset. At least I saw is in on TV from my sister's apartment. As the saying goes: f/8 and be there! I wasn't there

Alohaman's gear list:Alohaman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow