Latest X-T1 Production Run Even Better!!!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dsc888
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Latest X-T1 Production Run Even Better!!!
4 months ago

Hey guys,

After a terrific experience with my X-E1, I decided to buy an X-T1 as I really craved the huge EVF and much fast AF. I had played with a friend's X-T1 which he had purchased from Best Buy with a serial number of 41A07xxx which indicated it no longer had the light leak issue and supposedly had more clicky D pad buttons. But I thought the D pad on his model was barely OK at best and the darn SD card door was so loose that it took nothing to slide it open.

Well, I got me a spanking new X-T1 from CameraLand from NY today with an even later production run with a serial number of 42A03xxxx and I immediately noticed the improved D pad AND SD card door. The D pad buttons, while not as great as the ones on my X-E1, was much closer with a much louder click and felt like it was raised up by almost a mm or so. It just felt right. It can still be better but I would no longer label it as awful.

The SD card door also felt a slight more solid, almost as though it were thicker and slid close with more friction. It took more downward force to slide the door open to get the card out.

Let me note that this is just but 1 sample! Mine. I have ZERO evidence that Fuji actually did anything to make a change in their production line. I feel that I can compare my friend's and my X-T1 because I got to play with his less than 24 hours after he bought his. So it was relatively apples to apples. For all I know, my SD door and D buttons may break in and actually get worse. If that were the case, then I will report back. But in the meantime, I am a super happy camper.

What a liberating photographic instrument the Fuji X camera have been. I normally shoot with a Canon 5D3 with a 24-70mm f2.8 Mk2 with a 600EX flash so anything less is greatly appreciated. I now reserve that setup for around the house or for when I need super shallow DOF with my Canon primes. Now if Fuji would just release their f2.8 zooms already.

dsc888's gear list:dsc888's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 100D Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow