Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HaleyPhoto
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Plan To Travel for a Living, First Time Out
6 months ago

I'm a college student about to go overseas for the first time and I have two questions.

First

Should I take my 60D or buy a smaller camera? And if so which one and why?

Second

I'm looking to buy a travel laptop that will also act as my school laptop as well. I will mainly be using it for photography  and video editing on the road as well as keeping in contact with people while I'm overseas.

One of the most important things for me is that it can run Lightroom and Photoshop at the same time on the road, has a decent amount of room for storage of photos, unless there is a better set up.

The laptop also needs to be light. I have had to lug around a 17 inch Envy for 5 hours and let me tell you that it was not fun. And I would like a decent battery life, because I would like it to last a few years and I don't know where I will end up going in the future, but for right now, I'm probably only going to be editing in hotel rooms and such.

And I would like to stay away from HP because I have had problems with it on my current laptop.

And I know the go to is a Mac Pro, but if you suggests that please suggest another laptop. Macs are just a bit to much for me since I am a student.

And please give me the pros and cons for each and the prices for the best configuration that won't kill a college student bank for a travel laptop. Under $1000 would be nice and suggest tablets if they are contenders.

Thank you.

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow