Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amcleodphoto
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
D600 Viewfinder Display Not Working
4 months ago

I just got my D600 back from the Nikon service center in NY, as I had to send it in for oil spot issues. They replaced the shutter mechanism and gave it a full cleaning according to the invoice, with one week left on my warranty. I turned it on to check and see if everything was in working order, but now my viewfinder display isn't working. The grid is visible, but the information across the bottom isn't there. It's just black.

Is there something that I need to do to turn the information back on? I switched batteries, turned it on and off a few times, and tried two different lenses. I've gone through the manual, played with all my settings, and looked online but I can't find anything. I don't know if I'm having a brain fart from switching back from a few weeks on a D7100, or if it's really not working? I can't think of anything else to try before calling them and having to fork out another $45 to ship it up there...

amcleodphoto's gear list:amcleodphoto's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow