ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,862
Like?
Sigma 12-24mm FF lens on FF. (5 imgs)
4 months ago

Hi folks,

For those that might be anticipating a Pentax FF camera, so far the widest lens I have found that will work is the Pentax mount Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5~5.6 EX DG. As far as I know it is no longer sold new and can only be found used. The FOV of the Sigma 8-16mm on APS-C would be equivilent.

I bought the new Lens Turbo II from ebay for PK-NEX and I just now tried it on my NEX-7 with the Sigma 12-24mm lens. So, what you see is the FOV of the Sigma 12-24mm as if it were used on a FF camera. Note: I tried the Pentax 12-24mm and I got very bad vignetting (unusable).

I set the lens to infinity and f/8 for these images. I verified focus using focus peaking. The only thing I did to these images was resize for the web.

Focal length = 12mm (No Vignetting)

Focal length = 15mm

Focal length = 17mm

Focal length = 20mm

Focal length = 24mm

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow