Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smnornes
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
lens help
5 months ago

The countdown is on! I'm getting the last big "to do" things in order for our safari. I need help with camera gear.

I'm looking on LensProToGo.com. I plan to rent the Sanho Hyperdrive Colorspace UDMA 250GB to store photos on until I get home. I have handfuls of memory cards ready to go. I'm not bringing a laptop, and can't count on uploading anything. The Sanho, I think, is my best solution for storage. Is this correct?

I also want to rent or buy a lens for those long range shots. I have an Olympus OM-D E-M5 with the standard 12-55mm lens. I'm not very camera savvy. I just want to be able to capture wildlife that is potentially far away without it being blurry. I'd rather not have to keep changing lenses back and forth all the time is possible. I have a decent point and shoot for quick, close up shots. Someone recommended using a monopod. I can pick on of those up quite easily if it will help keep me steady. I'm looking at the M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II or the M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6. Would either of these be a good choice for me? Can you recommend a lens for me, please?

Thank you!

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow