Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Skeeterbytes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,328
Like?
Re: Has the black Olympus 12mm lens gone for good?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 4 months ago

NewGirlLiz wrote:

Anyone know anything about this? I've been starting to think about buying the Olympus 12 mm lens and was looking for a black one - but they're out of stock almost everywhere I look (in the UK). Have they ditched the 'special edition' run and that's it, no more black ones, or are they planning to bring the black one out again, perhaps at a price that's closer to the silver one? I'm trying to decide whether to snap up a second hand one, grit my teeth and go for silver, or wait!

Thanks

Liz

-- hide signature --

“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” Barbara Sher

It was only ever available as the special edition kit, with the hood, second cap and filter. Labeled as discontinued where still listed. I suspect Oly won't reissue just the black lens at the standard price, as it would upset the folks who shelled out the extra money for black. Silver or used black are probably your options.

It's so small that silver on a black camera looks fine to my eye; add a black hood and it pretty much becomes a black lens. Really like the lens, FWIW.

Cheers,

Rick

-- hide signature --

"Whiskey is for drinking, digicams are for fighting over."
—Mark Twain

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow