Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JS Burnie
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
New XT-1 + XF23mm f/1.4
4 months ago

Happy now to be participating in this forum as a Fuji owner.  I started with the 23mm only to get used to the camera.  Note sure what lenses are next.  I also got the vertical grip in anticipation of using bigger lenses and having a second battery.

Based on a couple of quick shots, the image quality is great.  I have Adobe ACR and Photo Ninja and am trying to figure out a good workflow.  I like the Fuji film/colour presets and lens profiles and wish that PN had them.

Quick question: I can't see from the manual whether the dynamic range setting affects raw files.  Any advantage in playing with DR for raw?  If so, what do you suggest?  I find that the highlights are clipping a bit with autoexposure and I can't recover them completely in raw processing.  Would changing DR help?

Looking forward to reaping the benefits of the crowd here.  This forum has already been a big help in my deciding on the new system.  (Still hanging on to my Nikon gear for now.)

Regards to all.

-- hide signature --
 JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow