Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wm Karoly
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
Ultrafire 3500mAh Batteries
4 months ago

In my T3i I use the native Canon battery and AA's. I am always on the lookout for a good buy on AA's and I wanted to alert you to these garbage junk batteries from China. I bought mine from tmart.com a year ago and they are NOT what they claim. They claim to be 3500mAh AA's but our Powerex charger rates them around 600mAh. I rated them one star at Tmart but they never posted my review. They did however give me a full refund.

I have learned the the Chinese consistently overrate batteries. The old adage, if something seems too good to be true it probably is not, can be applied with the Chinese. At least when it comes to batteries. This has happened to me twice. The other time was when I purchased 1.5 ghz quad core tablet with a 12000mAh battery. The tablet CPU was rated at 1.5 ghz but the thing would not run above 1.2. And the battery is actually more like 8000mAh.

This brings me to another point. NIMH's here in the US seem to be going DOWN in mAh. At least at Walmart and Target anyhow. I have a bunch of Rayovac NIMH's that do not even post a rating. They charge up to about 1200mAh and they are junk.

I used my digital kitchen scale to weigh various NIMH's we have collected over the years. Most of them barely work and the grandkids use them in the Wii remotes.

Ultrafire 3500mAh 15 grams

eneloop 1900mAh 26 grams

Powerex 2700mAh 30 grams

I think the best batteries we have ever used are the Powerex's.

Wm Karoly's gear list:Wm Karoly's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM +2 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow