Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jrkahuna
Regular MemberPosts: 173Gear list
Like?
Walking around lens for D610
7 months ago

As I wait for my D610, I am contemplating my lens choices.

I have a 18-200 VR that is a great walking around lens, particularly when we go to the zoo. I also have a 70-200 f/2.8 that is great for kids sports, but not the most fun to lug around on a walking trip. I am also getting a 50 mm f/1.8D and have a 35 mm f/1.8 DX.

My question is what is the best way to replicate my 18-200? Not sure I want to spend >$1000 for the 27-300 VR FX lens.

I know I can use the 18-200 VR on the D610, but will be giving up mega pixels. Will that be too much of a big deal? Has anyone used their DX lenses on their full frame cameras? Does it require some manipulation after the fact?

I was thinking of just shooting with the 50 mm and cropping. I have also thought about maybe staying away from any new zooms and going with prime lenses and maybe adding the 85 mm f/1.8.

Obviously quality is job one, but weight and size is a huge consideration as well.

Jrkahuna's gear list:Jrkahuna's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow