Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,439Gear list
Like?
Live View Mirror Lock Up
7 months ago

I just returned from a landscape photo trip of the American Southwest.  I was using my 1D Mark IV for a number of early morning and late evening photos taken at shutter speeds of longer than 1/2 second.  In each one I used Live View (in Live Mode) and a heavy duty Gitzo tripod.  I noticed that some photos were sharp and others were a bit blurry.  I'm sure I had image stabilization turned off in all the photos or was using a lens without the feature.  The only variable seems to be that in some of the sharp images I set a two second self timer and mirror lock up actuated and in other photos I was using a cable release without mirror lock up.  I thought that Live View locked the mirror up and so activating MLU from the custom function menu was not needed.  What am I doing wrong?

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow