How to deal with this shot, 12mm far too much width.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Olydude
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
How to deal with this shot, 12mm far too much width.
7 months ago

I do love my 12mm, 24mm equivelant, lens but far too often I run into the situation where I have too much width, see this shot.

I've done some various crops of this shot and I was looking for some guidance. Perhaps I should even chuck this shot out altogether as it is boring and of nothing. However, it strikes me when you make an approach with a lens this width that I shouldn't, but it's busy, so I'm not sure.

I guess the biggest problem I have with my 24mm is getting confident enough to get close enough to make use of it out there, and that by the time that you are close enough you really feel like your in someone else's personal space. The other problem with this shot is that both ends of the shot are too close to the frame in order to make more than one shot out of this which is what I feel it almost needs.

crop 1

crop 2

Crop 4

crop 6

Olydude's gear list:Olydude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow