Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aktr
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Ridiculously High Automatic ISO Selection in P Mode on NEX 6
3 months ago

On a recent trip, I happened to switch from the IA (Intelligent Auto) mode (which I usually use) to P mode because I wanted to make sure to use a flash for a back-lit subject. Since in the P mode also, per the manual description, the shutter speed and the aperture are automatically adjusted for proper exposure, I kept using P mode for other pictures also.

Now the ridiculous part of the software in NEX 6! I am taking pictures on a bright sunny day. I could see that an aperture value of f/22 and a very fast shutter speed (1/4000) was being selected, but I could not have imagined that the camera would be automatically selecting an ISO of 25,600 on a bright sunny day to give me washed out pictures Thank God that after trying to understand why the camera was having a hard time taking good pictures on a bright sunny day, I switched back to IQ mode. Then with an automatically selected ISO of about 100 or so, I finally began to get some good pictures.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow