Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
uRebel Rob
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Lens Feature search page - missing known lens
2 months ago

(I think it has to do with the lens database, not exactly the page)

In a recent thread, someone asked about OIS prime lenses on the micro 4/3s mount. So I went to dpr's lens feature search page, selected Prime lens type, micro 4/3s mount, and Image Stabilization Yes, and one lens showed up , but not the one lens I already knew was an OIS prime: the Panasonic 42.5 1.2 lens.

If I don't select a lens type , but leave the other filters as listed above, then the 42.5/1.2 lens shows up. The lens disappears once any of the prime lens choices is selected. The lens doesn't show up as a zoom, either, with is correct, but that means the 42.5/1.2 isn't a prime or zoom! (according to DRP's lens feature search page).

Normally if something is missing from a feature search, that spec is missing (or wrong) on the camera/lens specs page, and reporting the error from the specs page also fixes the feature search page. Yet in the lens's specs page, it's listed as a prime lens as it should be. So it seems to be something different.

As a database user at work, things like this make me wonder what's going on?

uRebel Rob's gear list:uRebel Rob's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Nikon D5100 +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow