Camley
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Re: Just an idea for posts...
In reply to dwa1, 3 months ago

dwa1 wrote:

Camley wrote:

Olga Johnson wrote:

Are you using a utility which autodeletes cookies? It sounds that something is killing your ID cookie when you hit the post button.

-- hide signature --

Olga

Thanks for an interesting idea Olga. Sometimes Norton 360 decides to run in the background doing a PC tune up when there is little activity.

I still have my login confirmed by DPreview but the cookie could be gone.

Anyway, as the above poster said, I can copy before posting to fix the problem.

The one thing that I do notice is that the longer and more complicated my post, the more likely I am to i) forget to "copy" it; and ii) lose it!!! But that is just life's rich pattern at work.

Create a Word or Wordpad doc for writing the text.

Create an icon for it and place that icon on your desktop and in the Quicklaunch area (near Start button).

Then do all of your text editing in the document first. This provides spell checking, etc.

Then copy and paste the text into the forum post editor.

Don’t format (bold, italics, etc.) in Word / Wordpad because the DPR will strip that out when you copy and paste it into the forum post editor. You’ll need to do that inside of the DPR editor.

The thought that you could have a "cookie monster"in Norton could be possible.

Hope this helps,

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.  I appreciate your comments and I think for complicated responses, using Word is a good idea.

Camley's gear list:Camley's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow