Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Kasra A
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Using RF-602 II along with YN-622C
In reply to Mick Porter, 2 months ago

Mick Porter wrote:

I've got a similar setup:
- Why the tx? I just paid $40 for a third 622 and run both my ttl flashes off camera.
- The manual flashes can optically trigger no problem in S2 mode where they ignore pre-flash.
- Or I can just put a basic trigger on top of the on-camera 622 and trigger the manual ones that way.

Cheers,
Mick

Thanks Mick.

You're right.
The real advantage of 622 TX  over non-tx is that it allows you to set different groups in different modes, (eg. one in TTL, one in M) and adjust them separately. But it requires you to put a 622c unit under each flash, and the flash itself has to be capable of communicating with the transmitter. (i.e $40 for each additional 622c + $50-$100 more for EX flashes)

But if I'm using full manual flashes, like YN-560, I can't take advantage of this feature whatsoever.
So, as you mentioned, TX doesn't give me any advantages. In addition, I won't be able to mount a RF trigger on the TX.

Kasra A's gear list:Kasra A's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow