Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
polarizer
Contributing MemberPosts: 832Gear list
Like?
Re: There is also the upcoming new Sony A7s
In reply to lancespring, 7 months ago

lancespring wrote:

polarizer wrote:

thanks - the smaller sensor of the G30 might also be better for keeping soccer players in focus with the large dof than cx900 or A7

The CX900 and AX100 both have a great depth of field. At many events that I shoot at I can moderate the aperture some, and be able to keep the entire area that I am shooting in focus.

That is what I did in this video. I just manually adjusted my aperture and focusing point so that I could get the entire stage in focus:

Scottish Country Dancing

Autofocus speed on these news Sonys is nothing to rave about. It is adequate for event coverage, but I consider it to be on the slow side for covering fast moving sports. I would give the G30 an edge for sports coverage due to its autofocusing system, more than its sensor size. Plus I think that its longer zoom range will cover sporting events better too.

While I love my AX100 and it is almost perfect for the type of events that I attend, I think that the G30 would best suit the environments that you shoot in.

thanks for your help with this decision

polarizer's gear list:polarizer's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow